Paralegal – Data Privacy
Loevy & Loevy is a top tier national civil rights law firm. We are leaders in civil rights, whistleblower and False Claims Act, data privacy, and transparency cases. We are now accepting applications for a Data Privacy Paralegal position located in our Chicago office. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Passion for data privacy, civil rights, and social justice
- Knowledge of trends in data privacy, cryptocurrencies, etc.
- Impeccable organization and self-management
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills
- Computer and document management system skills
- Hard-working attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Curious with a strong desire to learn
- Research experience
- Ability to manage independent projects/tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills/gets along well with others
- Cool under pressure (able to think and respond rather than react in haste)
- Creative and agile problem solver in a fast-moving litigation environment
- Strong commitment to ethics, justice, teamwork and respect for human dignity
- Litigation paralegal experience (or comparable project assistant/legal assistant/other titled roles in fast paced litigation environment)
- Experience with document management systems or e-discovery platforms
- Based in Chicago or willing to relocate (preferred but not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant litigation experience
The data privacy paralegal position will primarily entail supporting our attorneys on nationally regarded data privacy and cryptocurrency fraud class action lawsuits (including the multidistrict litigation In re: Clearview AI, among others), with both administrative tasks and substantive research projects. Typical tasks include managing case files and case calendars; supporting document review of internal company documents concerning the use and/or exploitation of biometric data; conducting research on data privacy trends, cryptocurrency fraud, and other subjects; handling electronic court filings; drafting and proofreading documents; indexing documents; preparing FOIA requests to government agencies; creating witness files; supporting trials and depositions; making travel arrangements.
We are looking for people who will bring diligence, creativity and compassion to their work and who share our values of working in a collaborative, client-centered environment to advance the public interest. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, often on tight deadlines, and across multiple time zones.
For more information about Loevy & Loevy, please visit http://www.loevy.com.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to ParalegalHiring@loevy.com using “Paralegal” as your subject line.
COMPENSATION: Base salary of $50,000 (entry level) – $60,000 (very experienced privacy litigation, civil rights or class action paralegal), plus annualized bonuses of at least $7,500.
BENEFITS: Employer paid medical insurance with employer funded HRA, vision, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching, generous vacation, holiday and sick policies. Loevy & Loevy is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from first-generation professionals. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran’s status, or national origin.