Staff Attorney – Police Misconduct Mass Action
Loevy & Loevy is a top tier national civil rights law firm. We are leaders in civil rights, whistleblower and False Claims Act, privacy, and transparency cases.
We are accepting applications for an attorney to support case management, client management, discovery and motion practice for a group of related police misconduct cases.
- Litigation experience, either as an attorney or paralegal
- Impeccable organization and self-management
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Persistence in overcoming external obstacles
- Facility with legal technology
- Thorough understanding of discovery
- Strong commitment to ethics, justice, teamwork, and respect for human dignity
- Support mass action with administrative and substantive work
- Manage case files, calendars and timelines
- Support written discovery including meeting with clients to prepare and review responses, preparing documents for production, review and indexing of documents, and supporting deposition preparation and expert discovery
- E-file pleadings and related documents with the courts, including preparing exhibits, appendices and tables of authorities, arranging for proper service, and managing compliance with local rules and standing orders
- Collaborate with other members of the litigation team to develop legal and factual theories necessary to win cases
- Support briefing of dispositive motions and trial teams
- Contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are looking for people who will bring diligence, creativity and compassion to their work and who share our values of working in a collaborative, client-centered environment to advance the public interest.
Loevy & Loevy is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from first-generation professionals. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran’s status, or national origin.
For more information about Loevy & Loevy, please visit http://www.loevy.com. To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Mass Action Attorney” as your subject line.