Digital Engagement Associate (Part-Time)
About The Position
The Digital Engagement Associate (DEA) will work with the Communications Manager to expand the reach and impact of Loevy + Loevy’s digital communications, engagement, and marketing. This position is a mix of communications, marketing, and content creation: the DEA will develop visual and educational content for Loevy + Loevy’s digital platforms, design engagement strategies, and write accessible narratives about our clients and legal work.
The ideal candidate will be curious and inquisitive, willing to dive deep into the issues faced by our clients and the criminal legal policies that resulted in the injustices they face. These injustices include wrongful convictions, police abuses, prosecutorial misconduct, prisoners’ rights, first amendment issues, and more.
Over the past two decades, Loevy + Loevy has quickly grown to become a trusted, national voice of civil rights advocacy. Our digital platforms seek to promote our clients through storytelling, highlight the underlying legal systems that continue to cause injustice, explain criminal laws and their impact, and weigh in on other civil rights issues and advocacy.
- Grow our social media presence through consistent new content and steady social media engagement with peer organizations.
- Write about our clients’ stories for our digital platforms.
- Regularly update our website with earned media, client highlights, and other content.
- Strategize and implement communications and marketing campaigns to maintain and expand our digital audiences, reach new audiences, and increase engagement.
- Write content for our organization’s newsletter.
- Monitor engagement metrics and content performance on social media and web.
- Maintain a calendar of social media posts.
Depending on the candidate’s interest, there may also be opportunities to assist with:
- Press releases, media advisories, statements, and conferences
- Communications strategies for coalition campaigns
- Interviewing current and former clients
- 2+ years of in-house or agency communications or marketing experience, ideally with managing digital content, marketing, and/or social media impact
- Experience with social media platforms including X (f/k/a Twitter), Instagram, Threads, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn
- Familiarity with WordPress, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Express), Mailchimp, and/or Canva
- Ability to manage projects independently, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines
- Proven writer and careful editor / proofreader
- Commitment to social justice and interest in civil rights issues, criminal justice reform, and impactful storytelling
- Knowledge of Google Workspace
How To Apply
The Digital Engagement Associate is an hourly contract position, expected to work between 10-15 hours a week. Rates start at $25/hour. This position can be completed remotely; successful candidates in the Chicago area may be expected to attend occasional in-person events.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Digital Engagement Associate” as your subject line. Only applications with cover letters will be considered complete. Optional: you may also submit a short portfolio or brief writing sample.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to give applicant updates by phone or email.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
About Loevy + Loevy
Loevy + Loevy is a civil rights law firm fighting for justice across the country. We take on the nation’s most difficult public interest cases, advocating in and outside the courtroom to secure justice for our clients and to hold officials, governments, and corporations accountable. Our compassionate, award-winning attorneys work relentlessly to ensure our clients are supported, empowered, and victorious.
Over the past few decades, Loevy + Loevy’s legal advocacy has had a sizable impact on civil rights in the United States. We have uncovered police and prosecutorial misconduct in cities like Chicago, Elkhart, and Boston, won historic wrongful conviction verdicts for innocent exonerees, forced the public release of buried government videos and documents (including video footage showing the killing of Laquan McDonald), secured verdicts and injunctions for prisoners denied their civil rights, and successfully won class actions on behalf of Black Lives Matter protestors.
Loevy + Loevy is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from first-generation professionals. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran’s status, or national origin. This position is for work to be performed entirely outside the State of Colorado.