Civil Rights Trial Attorney
Loevy & Loevy is a top tier national civil rights law firm. We are leaders in civil rights, whistleblower and False Claims Act, privacy, and transparency cases.
We are accepting applications for trial attorneys committed to civil rights and criminal justice to work on trial and appellate litigation involving wrongful convictions, police misconduct, and prisoners’ rights, including class actions.
Note, this position is for a Chicago-based attorney who will conduct investigations, prepare for trial, and try cases, primarily in the Chicago area.
- 8 years of trial and litigation experience, with a track record of success
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law, civil rights, and/or criminal justice
- Depth of knowledge and experience in civil rights and/or criminal justice
- Exceptional writer
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and self-starter
- Strong commitment to ethics, justice, teamwork and respect for human dignity
- Licensed in Illinois and/or able to waive into Illinois
- Build strong relationships with clients whose lives have been impacted by miscarriages of justice
- Evaluate and investigate cases for merit and throughout litigation
- Manage and conduct discovery
- Draft and edit briefs at all stages of litigation.
- Prepare cases for trial and lead trial teams
- Prepare and argue appellate cases
- Supervise, mentor and support junior attorneys and paralegals
- Contribute to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Develop and maintain relationships with community stakeholders
We are looking for people who will bring diligence, creativity and compassion to their work and who share our values of working in a collaborative, client-centered environment to advance the public interest.
Compensation includes base with substantial bonus opportunities and full benefits including fully-paid employee and dependent health coverage and life insurance, employer funded HRA accounts, and dental, vision and 401(k) plans, and generous time off.
Loevy & Loevy is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from first-generation professionals. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran’s status, or national origin. For more information about Loevy & Loevy, please visit http://loevy.wpengine.com. This position is for work to be be performed entirely outside the State of Colorado.
To apply to this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com using “Civil Rights Trial Attorney” as your subject line.