Civil Rights Paralegal
Loevy & Loevy is a top tier national civil rights law firm. We are leaders in civil rights, whistleblower and False Claims Act, privacy, and transparency cases. We are now accepting applications for a Civil Rights Paralegal position located in our Chicago office. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
- Passion for civil rights and social justice
- Impeccable organization and self-management
- Litigation paralegal experience (or comparable project assistant/legal assistant/other titled roles in fast paced litigation environment)
- Hard-working attitude
- Great attention to detail
- Curious with a strong desire to learn
- Persistence in overcoming external obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills/gets along well with others
- Cool under pressure (able to think and respond rather than react in haste)
- Creative and agile problem solver in a fast-moving litigation environment
- Computer and document management skills
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills
- Strong commitment to ethics, justice, teamwork and respect for human dignity
- Spanish language proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant litigation experience
The paralegal job will primarily entail supporting our attorneys on their cases, with both administrative and substantive work. Typical tasks include managing case files and case calendars; supporting document production and review; handling electronic filing; drafting and proofreading documents; conducting research; interacting with clients, other lawyers, community supports, and governmental entities; indexing documents; creating tables of authorities; learning local rules in multiple jurisdictions; developing case timelines; creating witness files; supporting trials and depositions; making travel arrangements.
We are looking for people who will bring diligence, creativity and compassion to their work and who share our values of working in a collaborative, client-centered environment to advance the public interest. Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, often on tight deadlines, and across multiple time zones.
As most of our paralegals are based in Chicago, you will need to establish cooperative and supportive working relationships remotely.
For more information about Loevy & Loevy, please visit http://www.loevy.com.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume to ParalegalHiring@loevy.com using “Paralegal” as your subject line.
COMPENSATION: Base salary of $50,000 (entry level) – $60,000 (experienced civil rights paralegal), plus annualized bonuses of at least $7,500.
BENEFITS: Employer paid medical insurance with employer funded HRA, vision, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) plan with up to 4% matching, generous vacation, holiday and sick policies.
Loevy & Loevy is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive culture. We welcome applications from first-generation professionals. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran’s status, or national origin.