Tony Balkissoon joined Loevy & Loevy in October 2016 as a Justice Fellow. Mr. Balkissoon graduated from Harvard Law School, cum laude, in 2010, and was awarded Dean’s Scholar prizes in both Trademark Law and Sex Equality. During law school, Mr. Balkissoon fought for sex equality through his work with Harvard’s Office of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response.
After law school, Mr. Balkissoon joined a law firm in Chicago where he worked on high-stakes patent litigation while representing pro bono clients in immigration and criminal cases. He then served as a law clerk to two federal judges–first, to the Honorable Manish S. Shah of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, then to the Honorable Ann Claire Williams of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
• Illinois, 2010
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2015
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2013
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2011
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
• J.D. (cum laude) – 2010
• Dean’s Scholar – Sex Equality, Trademark Law
University of Toronto
• B.A.Sc. (with honors) – 2007
Clerkships & Past Employment
• Law Clerk, Hon. Ann Claire Williams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
• Law Clerk, Hon. Manish S. Shah, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois