Cardiovascular Specialists, P.C., d/b/a New York Heart Center (NYHC), has agreed to pay the government $1,336,636.98 plus interest to settle…
Arthur Loevy graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 1963, and has been a member of the Illinois bar continuously for more than forty years.Arthur Loevy began his legal career practicing labor law until 1970 when he became an elected officer of a trade union, the Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (“ACTWU”). Arthur proceeded to serve in various elected capacities for trade unions, including International Executive Vice President of ACTWU, International Secretary-Treasurer of ACTWU, and, most recently International Secretary-Treasurer of the Union of Needle-Trades Industrial and Textile Employees (U.N.I.T.E.).
Arthur Loevy has also served as a Director and Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Amalgamated Bank of New York (1990-98), the President, Chief Executive Officer, and Trustee of various Taft-Hartley insurance and trust funds for almost twenty years, the President of the Amalgamated Housing Foundation (1974-98), and the President of the Sidney Hillman Health Center in Chicago (1980-98).
Since January 1, 1997, Arthur Loevy has resumed the practice of law on a full-time basis. In 1998, he joined the law firm started by his son, Jon Loevy, and has practiced here ever since.
The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
• J.D. – 1963
Clerkships & Past Employment
• The Amalgamated Clothing and Textile Workers Union (“ACTWU”)
• International Executive of ACTWU, Vice President
• International Secretary-Treasurer of ACTWU
• International Secretary-Treasurer of the Union of Needle-Trades Industrial and Textile Employees
• Executive Committee of the Amalgamated Bank of New York, 1990 – 1998, Director and Vice Chairman
• Amalgamated Housing Foundation, 1974 – 1998, President
• Sidney Hillman Health Center, 1980 – 1998, President
• “Spirit of Life”, City of Hope
• Man of the Year Award, Illinois Council of Latin American Advancement
• Man of the Year Award, A. Philip Randolph Institute of both the Chicago and Detroit chapters
• Recipient, Norman Thomas Award
• Annual Dinner Honoree of the Debs Day Foundation
• “National Humanitarian Award”
• Histradrut Man of the Year Award